P/N: MT14H41A-300NA-TBD: ComTac VII is the 7th Generation Tactical Headset from 3M Peltor. Featuring Natural Behavior Interaction(NIB) & Wireless Connection to SCU-300 System Control Unit PTT(sold separately). The ComTac VII requires the SCU-300(not included) to connect to comms(radios/ICS/EUD) No available cable to connect to conventional PTTs. ComTac VII & SCU-300 Available As A Kit.
The NIB feature distinguishes the ComTac VII from all other tactical headsets on the market. NIB enables short-range, headset-to-headset communication in high noise environments, without the use of an external communications radio. The NIB function allows for 4 team members to speak simultaneously, and over 60 people within a 10 meter(30 feet) radius to listen at any given time. Audio transmit is activated by either a voice activated switch (VOX) for hands free operations or by push-to-talk. The VOX switch is adaptive, meaning the threshold to activate will adjust automatically to the noise environment. An easy to use tactile button has been added to the left ear cup that allows the user to easily turn on or off the function and switch from VOX to PTT settings.
Peltor’s Tactical Modular Audio System(TMAS) allows seamless and intuitive wireless integration between the ComTac VII, Tactical Wireless Ear Plugs, System Control Unit(SCU/PTT), and Wireless Remote Control Unit(RCU-300). The system will automatically recognize when the ear buds are being worn with the headset and will input all audio into the ear plugs. When the ComTac VII is removed & the TEP-300 earplugs are still being worn, the system automatically routes audio to the wireless earplugs only(Incoming & Outgoing Audio). The TEP-300 earplugs are capable of using an internal microphone to transmit over the radio. TEP-300(+779.99) can be added to this order or purchased separately at a later date.
Wireless connectivity is created by Near Field Magnetic Induction is a short range, digital, wireless physical layer that communicates by coupling a tight, low power, non-propagating magnetic field between devices. The range is approximately 50 cm (20 in). The steep degradation of NFMI signal strength as a function of distance increases privacy and reduces issues with interference compared to traditional wireless technology. Spectral interference is reduced by a “channel hopping” algorithm incorporated into the TMAS suite.
Peltor has stepped up the environmental listening feature and hearing protection to create the best headset for Sound Detection, Sound Identification, Sound Localization, & Speech Communications. 3M PELTOR ComTac VII offers a new way to adjust the auditory settings of your headset for your mission. Traditionally, a headset has a set frequency response, and the operator can only increase or decrease the volume. The MAP function provides new advanced ambient listening modes that allow access to a variety of gain settings, but with frequency shaping, to enhance auditory performance in five conditions. The MAP Profiles have been designed with a variety of combat and combat support operations in mind.
The ComTac VII is designed to exclusively interface with the SCU-300. Peltor has no plans to create a downlead to U174/TP-120 to allow this headset to be used on conventional push to talk setups. Click to purchase the Complete Setup for the ComTac VII, including SCU-300, & radio connector cables.
Other features and benefits of the Peltor ComTac VII Tactical Headset:
- Wireless from Headset to PTT(SCU-300 Sold Separately)
- 2x AAA Batteries for Headset Included
- Meets MIL-STD-461G Against Electromagnetic Interference
- Available as a Complete Kit
- Noise-Cancelling Boom Microphone w/ Active Wind Noise Reduction Virtually Eliminates Background Noise, Ensuring Clear Radio Transmission
- Telescoping Boom Mic works for Left handed Shooters w/o Needing to Move Mic to Right Ear Cup
- Does Not Disable Emergency Button
- P25/Digital Radio Compatible
- 1 Set of Foam Based Ear Cups & Foam Covers
- 1 Set of Gel Based Ear Cups & Foam Covers
- Mic Port Can Be Used for Gas Masks/Respirators w/ Mic(Additional Cable Required)
- NIB - Private Proximity Communication Network
- IP68- Waterproof(Submersible 3” x 30+ min.)
- Volume-Adjustable Situational Awareness Microphones Provide Accurate Sound Localization to Deliver an Unparalleled Soundscape Experience for Maximum Safety & Combat Effectiveness
- NRR of 23dB(w/ Gel Cushions)
- NRR of 28dB - 35dB when using 3M TEP-300 Tactical Ear Plugs(Upgrade Option/Sold Separately)
- Helmet Mount Options: Team Wendy, Ops-Core, M-LOK/MTEK/HHV
- Headband Designed to be Worn Comfortably Under a Helmet
- Available colors: Grey(Non-Gov’t Operator Option), Coyote Brown, & O.D. Green
- 2 x AAA Battery Alkaline or Lithium
- ComTac VII 50 Hours of Environmental Listening
- ComTac VII 30 Hours of Environmental Listening + NIB
- Meets MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD 461G, & MIL-STD 464C
- New Equipment Guarantee
**** Due to NIB Frequency Programming, Public Safety is restricted to Grey option, Tan & Green are Gov’t/European Versions Available on Request w/ Verification